Hodges Fastener respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all Hodges Fastener owned websites, domains, and services.
1. Links to non-Hodges Fastener websites
We may also provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Hodges Fastener on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
2. Collection of personal information
Hodges Fastener collects, exports, and uses personal information to better serve you and personalize your experience and interaction with Hodges Fastener. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where required.
Hodges Fastener may collect personal information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
- product or service orders, activations, and registrations
- profile creation and user verification
- information requests
- marketing or support subscriptions
- instant credit applications
The types of personal information you provide to us may include:
- contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address
- financial information, such as your credit/debit card number or other billing information
- government issued identification number and salary
If you apply for instant credit, we may ask you to provide additional personal information such as salary, government issued identification number, banking/financial account information, and other information to authenticate you and verify credit worthiness. This information will be used by our financial services providers in determining whether to extend you credit and how much to extend.
3. How we use your information
The information Hodges Fastener collects to understand your needs and interests helps Hodges Fastener deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, Hodges Fastener may use your information to:
- assist you in completing a transaction or order
- prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- communicate with you about products and services
- provide and improve service and support
- update you on new services and benefits
- select content to be communicated to you
- contact you regarding Hodges Fastener products or services
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention.
4. How we share your information
Hodges Fastener will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Statement. Hodges Fastener shares personal information in the following ways:
Hodges Fastener retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist Hodges Fastener with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, email service providers, automated data processors, and shipping agents.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Hodges Fastener decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers.
5. Children’s privacy
Hodges Fastener does not knowingly collect information from children that are under the age of 21, and does not target its websites to children. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online and mobile activities and interests.
6. Hodges Fastener general communications
Hodges Fastener general communications provide information about products and services. This may include new product or services information and/or special offers.